Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Kindle Touch Has Landed, Also Alice is One Odd Girl!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I was waiting for my Kindle Touch to arrive,  Well it finally did at about 6:30 PM.  UPS must have had a busy day!  At any rate, it came.  When it did, I was thrilled.  I met the UPS man at the truck (mostly because I was waiting around to go somewhere when he was on my street) and got it from him. 

I did as as I said I was going to do, I convinced my mom that she should give it to me as an early graduation/birthday present.  I took it (back) home with me to download the 86 (!!!) free books I ordered from Amazon.  It didn't take as long as I thought it was going to; about a half an hour or so.

What took me the most time was deciding how to sort them.  Since I had some young adult (or what I considered young adult--L. Frank Baum, Lewis Carroll, etc.) I knew I needed a folder for that.  Otherwise, my folders are split up by author's country of birth (English Lit, etc).  With the special case of Jane Austen and Emily Bronte, they are in the Victorian Literature folder.

The book I decided to start reading, after I had everything sorted, was Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.  I had never had the chance to read this before, which is probably shocking.  I just never managed to get a copy at the library, etc. 

Anyway, I must say one thing: Alice is all sorts of effed up!  She isn't really phased as she's falling through the rabbit hole (to what could be her ultimate doom), but finds herself crying when she realizes she grew too large to fit through the door.  I think the poor girl has a chemical imbalance, and mild schizophrenia.  Otherwise, it's a great read!

2 comments:

  1. Alice IS screwed up, dear! It's one of my FAVORITE BOOKS E-VA! The whole premise is insane and wonderful. Im so glad you're reading it. I downloaded a version with illistrations so I am excited I get to re-read it on my Kindle Touch, too. We should choose a classic and read it together, chapt by chapt, then geek out and discuss it. Oh! That's a book club. My bad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could TOTALLY have a two-person Kindle Touch book club! :P It'll have to wait until I finish up with "Song of Solomon" for my lit class, though!

    ReplyDelete